What Categories of Personal Information Do We Collect, and How Do We Obtain the Personal Information?
We may collect certain information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a consumer or household (“Personal Information”). Personal information does not include de-identified or aggregated consumer information. We may collect the following types of information:
- Identifiers, such as name, phone numbers, postal address, Internet protocol (“IP”) address, email address, and account name. We collect this information when you purchase something from our store or otherwise interact with our products or services. We automatically receive your computer’s IP address when you browse our website. We also may receive this information from our service providers and marketing partners.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with our website, applications or advertisements. You provide this information to us or automatically through your interaction with our products or services. We also may receive this information from our service providers or marketing partners. For more information about cookies, please see below.
- Financial information, such as your credit or debit card number. You provide this information to us when you purchase our products or services, although we do not maintain your card information.
What is Our Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting Your Personal Information, and With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may use or share your Personal Information as follows:
- Identifiers: We may use your identifiers: (1) to provide our products and services; (2) to administer your account and process your payments for products and services; (3) to operate our websites and applications, including online registration processes; (4) to send marketing materials about products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting; and (5) to comply with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements. We may share this information with service providers, advertising networks, and data analytics providers.
- Financial information: We use financial information you provide to us to process and fulfill your purchases. We may share this information with a service provider who processes your payment. We also may use this information to detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity. We may share this information with service providers for fraud protection.
In addition, where consistent with appropriate laws and regulations, we may disclose Personal Information if such disclosure is:
- necessary to prepare, negotiate or perform a contract with you;
- needed to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process or otherwise required by law or the competent governmental or judicial authorities;
- necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense;
- part of a corporate restructuring, sale of assets, merger or divestiture; or
- necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on our information technology systems.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the companies to whom we share your Personal Information are contractually obligated to keep the personal information that we provide to them confidential and to use such information only as we permit.
No Sale of Personal Information
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold and will not sell any Personal Information to non-affiliated third parties without your consent. We also have not and will not sell the Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age to non-affiliated third parties without affirmative consent.
Information about Cookies
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer. Once established, the cookie helps analyze web traffic on our site. Cookies allow web applications to tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Cookies allow us keep track of items in shopping cart, monitor the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, monitor total traffic, site visits, pages viewed and enhance or speed us navigation. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. The cookies may be used to: (1) conduct research and diagnostics to improve our content, protects and services; (2) deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests on our website; or (3) measure and analyze the performance of our services.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and all marketing offers. Learn more about website cookies at allaboutcookies.org.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information. While no company can guarantee your Personal Information will not be accessible by unauthorized individuals, we use controls that are consistent with industry standard retail practices in an attempt to mitigate such risks in today's online environment.
We provide our customers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes the rights that we provide and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Used, or Disclosed
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive your request and verify your identity, we will disclose to you: (1) the categories of Personal Information we collected about you; (2) the categories of sources for the Personal Information; (3) our business or commercial purpose for collecting or disclosing that Personal Information; (4) the categories of third parties with whom we shared that Personal Information; and (5) the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you in the preceding 12 months.
To submit a request to know about your Personal Information collected, please either:
- Call 888 919-6613 ; or
- Use our online form by clicking here.
Right to Delete Personal Information Collected or Maintained
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your request and verify your identity, we will permanently delete your Personal Information from our records, unless a legal exception to deletion applies. In our response to your request to delete, we will specify the manner in which we have deleted your Personal Information or, if we must deny your deletion request, the basis for this refusal.
To submit a request to delete, please:
- Call 888 919-6613 ; or
- Use our online form by clicking here.
Authorizing an Agent
You may designate an authorized agent to submit your consumer request on your behalf, so long the authorized agent has your written permission to do so and you have taken steps to verify your identity directly with us.
Verifying Your Request
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
To verify your identity, we ask that you provide us with the following information when you submit your request: (1) first name, (2) last name, and (3) phone number or email. We will use the above information to verify your identity. We will require additional information to verify your identity and fulfill your request depending on your type of request or the information requested by you.
Financial Incentives and Non-Discrimination
We will discriminate against you if you exercise any of these privacy rights. However, we may offer you financial incentives for the collection and use of your Personal Information as permitted by applicable law, and such offers may result in reasonably different prices, rates, or quality levels. The material aspects of any financial incentive is described in its program terms. For details of our current financial incentive program and its terms, including how to opt-in or opt-out of the program, as well as the benefits of the program, please refer to [insert where consumer can identify rewards program terms and conditions]. Participation in our rewards program is optional, and you can opt-out of the program (i.e., terminate participation and forgo the incentives) by following the instructions in the program’s descriptions and terms.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make material changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you by email or through a notice on our website homepage.
The Fragrance Outlet
Re: Privacy Compliance Officer
11920 Miramar Parkway
Miramar, Florida 33025
Last updated: 01/26/2020